I don't know if this has ever happened to you but it happens to me all the time and only on my thumb nails. What I'm talking about? When my nail breaks deep enough that even if I cut it as much as I can the problem is still there. I tried to take some photos but my camera refused to focus so this is the only decent one.
See the breakage?This breakage is already one week old which means it was even closer to the cuticle area when it happened. In another week I'll be able to cut it if I want. But untill then I have to do something with the breakage or it'll get caught in my hair and clothes and become deeper and hurt. Eww, right? Ok, lets see what we can do. If I go to a nail salon they'll fix it with acrylic liquid and powder or something like that. But there is an easier to do at home and simpler solution.
What I used:
- Essence 10 in 1 miracle nails. You can use any clear nail polish, base coat, top coat or nail strengthening polish.
- Essence nail repair pads. You can use scotch tape or any clear adhesive you already have.
- nail file
clear adhesive and clear nail polishIntructions:
- Make sure your nail is clear with no nail polish on.
- File just a little bit the breakage to make it smooth.
- Apply a thin layer of nail polish in the area of the breakage only. You can also use nail glue but I wouldn't recommend it, it may go to your skin through the breakage and it's not healthy.
- Cut a small part of the clear adhesive. You want to cover completely the breakage and the area around it in order to support it. But you don't want to cover a big area of the nail because the nail is a curved surface and it will create bumps that will show afterwards.
I outlined the clear sticker because it was inpossible to see it otherwise.
- Stick it to the nail where the breakage is.
The original picture was from www.nail-solutions.co.uk, I changed it for the purpose of this post.
- Press firmly.
- Cut and file any excess tape. File the edges to make them smooth.
- Apply 1-2 coats of clear nail polish and wait for it to dry before you procceed with your regular nail polish.
- You're done! This lasts me for about 5 days. :)
Now, you know that I love colours and this post is a little colourless for my taste. So, here are some bonus nail swatches ;)
Essence colour&go in 22 What do u think?
Essence colour&go in 16 Sexy in Black
Essence colour&go in 38 Choose me!