Have you seen my finished in... posts? Well, you don't have to throw in the bin all the bottles and jars from the products you finished. You can reuse them or recycle them and take a lipstick for free. Wanna know how?
1) Spray bottles
- a diy refreshing face spray for hot summer days
- your daily brush cleanser
- your toner if the bottle that comes in isn't very convenient to use
- rubbing alcohol. You can spray your powder products every now and then and let them air dry to disinfect them. You can also spray your make up brushes, just don't overdo it because it may harm them. And of course you hands before applying make up
2) Pans from powders/eyeshadows/blushes
Don't throw these away, you will need them to press down your pigments, loose powder etc
- good if you want to travel and take you favourite pigments with you.
- if your powder/blush/eyeshadow brakes
- if you want to create a multi coloured blush/bronzer or something like e.l.f. complexion perfection
3) Clear nail polish bottles
- mix and make you own nail polish
- transfer there a polish which bottle broke
- Eye and face cream jars are small. When a cream that has a tube packaging is almost finished I like to cut the tube in half and use all the product that's stuck around. I use a spatula of the handle or a spoon and transfer what's left in a small jar. That way you don't waste any product.
- These jars are also useful if you want to mix 2-3 foundations to create your ideal colour.
- Or maybe create your own tinted moisturiser by mixing your little face cream and your foundation. Add some sunscreen in it, too ;)
- Jars from body creams are bigger. You can use them for your diy brush soap.
- Or to have in one place all these teeny tiny earrings you always seem to search for in your vanity and can never find!
5) Lip balm tins
- You can create your own lip balm or a cream blush.
- You can store your nail rhinestones.
- You can melt your favourite lipstick from the tube and use up even the tiny amount that is hidden in the bottom of the lipstick packaging.
- Or melt a couple lipstick "left-overs" and create a new shade!
6) Mascara wands
7) Back 2 MAC
If you take to a MAC store 6 finished products, you can get a lipstick for free. Most products are eligible for this program but in case you are not sure a Back 2 MAC sign is printed in the paper packaging of each product. Sounds perfect, right?
I'd love to know your tips and tricks regarding empty packaging!
All images do not belong to me, image sources:
http://image.made-in-china.com, http://www.eyeslipsface.com, http://www.beautezine.com, http://www.venusnailsupplies.co.uk, https://www.starsmakeuphaven.com, http://www.tinpackaging.us