I know many of you love Liz Earle products! I tried the famous Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and here's what I think about it :D
About the company
We are passionate about all we do and always keep in mind our 'precious recipe', a combination of carefully selected ingredients that make us who we are:
- products that really work on every skin type by harnessing the potent powers of the finest quality ingredients
- a simple, no fuss and dependable routine, which is also a pampering daily treat
- an affordable choice with everything beautifully packaged
- a commitment to first class service
- our caring, award-winning team who make it all possible
- High performance, quality and safe ingredients are our priority.
- We are passionate about responsible sourcing.
- Against animal testing.
- No animal ingredients.
- We love plant oils and extracts for their unique chemistry and use them at levels that really make a difference.
- We only use mineral sun filters.
- We never use genetically engineered ingredients.
- We use relatively low concentrations of the highest grade, broad-spectrum preservatives and consider natural preservatives wherever possible.
- We only use potent, premium natural source vitamin E.
- We carefully consider all our packaging to ensure that it is best for our products while minimising its impact upon the environment.
- We're always working on improving our environmental impact following the principles 'reduce, re-use, recycle'
What I really appreciated is that they sent me a booklet with their product range, a note with detailed instructions on how to use the Cleanse & Polish and a sweet handwritten note! Loved it!!
About the product
Packaging/ApplicationThe award winning Cleanse & Polish consists of two products, the cleanser and the muslin cloth.
I was sent the 100ml pump starter kit with two muslin cloths, all beautifully packed in a cute zipper bag, very convenient for travelling.
I love the pump, easy to use and hygienic.
How to use
The instructions are really helpful and the product works great that way.
Ingredients (from website)
Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl esters, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cera alba (beeswax), Propylene glycol, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, Limonene, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.
FeelingIts mousse texture makes it lovely to apply on skin. What I love about this product is that it's a de-makeup and cleansing product. And it saves me time in the evening when I'm too tired to remove make up and then wash my face. I have tried it with mascara and eyeliner and it removes them pretty easily. I haven't tried it with waterproof mascara though. The muslin cloth is large enough to remove all the product from face. It's not harsh, yet not too soft which makes it perfect for both sensitive areas (eyes etc.) and areas where you need a little more exfoliation.
SmellUnusual smell, I can't really describe it, it's fresh and clean. It's also very light so no big deal.
It cleans and polishes the skin, it's perfect for the whole face (sensitive eye area too) and I believe it works for most if not all skin types. It's gentle yet effective. It's a 2-in-1 product as it removes make up and cleans the skin. As you can see on the ingredients list, many of them are natural ones and there are no parabens. I'm very satisfied and I'll definitely buy it again.
Where can you find it/Cost
So, tell me, have you tried it? Did you like it?
Disclaimer: the product was sent to me for free to try it and share my experience with you :)