I have been reading the feedback you left through my giveaway entry form and I know that many of you want step by step posts. So I took photos during the procedure and hope they'll help you! This time was time for another super girly-maybe too pink and girly for most of you- mani. Oh, comm'on, I love dark colours but every now and then I need a real pink nail design! lol!
First of all, many of you already have BornPrettyStore Hello Kitty image plate, the one they were giving away some time ago. And I believe you also have their Hello Kitty nail stickers, also from their giveaway. Grab them and let's get started!
Here's everything I used:
- Essence 10 in 1 miracle nails as base coat
- Zoya Shimmer (any light pink shimmery and not very opaque will do)
- China Glaze Something Sweet (creme light pink)
- China Glaze How About a Tumble (pink holographic)
- BornPrettyStore Hello Kitty image plate
- Konad stamper and scraper
- Essence nail art stampy polish in white
- BornPrettyStore Hello Kitty nail stickers
- Essence Studio nails Better than gel nails Top sealer
Instead of many photos I did a collage where you can see all the steps. I think it's more helpful this way, do you like it?
1) After applying your base coat, apply a sheer shimmery light pink polish on your entire nail. Wait for it to dry.
2) With a light pink creme polish draw a side french. You can use scotch tape if you want it to be perfect, just make sure that the previous coats are completely dry. Or you can use a stripe polish or dip a thin brush in your regular polish. Whatever is easier for you. I was in a hurry and used the nail polish brush. Allow to dry and apply a second coat if needed.
3) Take another pink polish, I chose pink holo, and draw a side french the other way. Allow to dry and use a second layer if needed.
4) When the previous coats are dry choose the design you want and stamp it on the nails. I chose the Hello Kitty one.
5) Apply stickers. I noticed that the sticker bow was exactly the same size as the bow on the stamp and used it, cute, huh? You can also apply rhinestones. A yellow rhinestone for the nose would be super cute, why didn't I think of it earlier?? grrr!
6) Apply your top coat. I suggest a thick one like Seche Vite or Konad top coat or the one I used so that you don't smear the designs. I wasn't very careful and smeared it a little but it's ok, it's still pretty!
That's it! Enjoy your nails! I did, I couldn't stop looking at them! :D
A quick review of the Hello Kitty image plate:This is the first BornPrettyStore brand image plate I use and as you can see it's not rounded, it's an octagon. I think it fits in the stamping machines if you have one. I noticed it's also lighter that the other Konad-like ones I have. It has 9 designs which is great. It has a clear protection tape when you receive it, make sure to remove it before you start stamping!
Hope you like this post! Tell me if you like this picture tutorial style or not.