Things haven't been perfect lately, as you may know, a fellow beauty blogger is no longer with us and I'm really sad. That's why I haven't posted anything lately. But now I'm back and I want to share with you a fall inspired mani with sponging and stamps!! If you like the colours and want to try it, scroll down to read how :)
You'll also need some water to dip in the q-tips and acetone for the stamps and for the clean-up at the end.
How you'll do it:
- Apply your base coat. I used Essence pro white nail hardener.
- Apply a champagne-gold nail polish on the whole nail. I used Essence colour&go nail polish in 32 Gold Rush.
- Dip a q-tip in water and remove it quickly before it soaks up too much water. We just want it wet so that it won't leave tiny cotton hairs on the nail.
- Add 2-3 drops of a dark green nail polish on a piece of paper and dip the wet q-tip in it.
- Now lightly touch your nails with the coloured q-tip to create the sponge effect. Of course you can use make up sponge for this but it's easier with the q-tip if you don't want to cover up the whole nail.
- Let it dry and move on to the stamps. I used the dark brown nail polish and BornPrettyStore image plate m56 to create the french leaves/branches design. Next I used Essence multi dimension nail polish in 39 Spicy and an Essence image plate for the other design.
- Let it dry and apply your top coat. I used Essence Studio Nails better than gel nails Top sealer that works great with stamps, doesn't smudge the design.
- Use some acetone and q-tips to clean up around the nails because sponging usually leaves a mess behind :D
Hope you like it <3 Feel free to use the colours you already have! I generally don't like these colours on my nails but I had so much fun using them for this design.
Take care and have fun!